Kamby Bolongo Mean River named one of 25 Important Books of the 2000s by HTML Giant

KBMR was named one of 25 Important Books of the decade by HTML Giant. And was a Page One selection of New & Noteworthy Books by Poets & Writers Magazine.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

No news today - Guest Post - Barry Graham

No news today. I didn't mind at first because news lasts thirty seconds and the cheesesteak and wings taste pretty fucking good and that should be enough. Why isn't that enough? There was no news yesterday either but some kid near me set himself on fire to prove some point that wasn't his to make and really he seemed like such an asshole for doing it, but my skin still looks fine and I will have the good fortune of still attracting the opposite sex. I really wish he wouldn't have done that. Now I have nothing to compare myself to except for my father but he's dead and I'm so fucking tired of doing that anyway. I don't even know why I'm thinking about him right now. I haven't done it in so long. Maybe because it's Thursday. Fuck. There was; however, news the day before. I didn't know what it meant at first because it wasn't for me. My box was empty. But I saw the pretty brown package with my neighbor's name on it sitting outside his apartment door and I shouldn't have taken it but why not. He won't miss it. His son is getting ready to burn to death and he won't be missing anything anymore. I was hoping for CD's or DvD's or hardcover books from some shitty bookclub, but it was none of those things. It was news. Nothing substantial, nothing worth remembering now, as clearly I have forgotten, but it was news and that's something isn't it?

barry graham is the author of the national virginity pledge and nothing or next to nothing (atlantic city blues), look for him online at www.barrygfunk.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment